Friday, June 12, 2009

Penguins skate the cup in hockey town!

I guess it just makes sense that the Pens return the favor and skate the cup on Detroit's home ice after watching it in agony last year. Wings fans and players now know first hand just how much it hurts to be so close to winning but tasting defeat instead. I admit I was cheering for the Wings but I have to say after seeing Crosby go out with an injury and try to gut it out in the 3rd period unsuccessfully I decided maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to see them skate the cup. After all didn't they do to Detroit what my Canes did to Boston in winning a game 7 on the road? They outworked the Wings and Fleury silenced his many doubters. (many of whom were Pens fans) I enjoying seeing J. Staal hoist the cup-Malkin and Orpick not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment